Painshill is a great day out and a beautiful 18th century landscape garden to visit. The 158 acre wonderland has something for everyone. Discover the crystal Grotto (limited opening times) and other mystical follies including the Gothic Temple, Ruined Abbey, Turkish Tent and Gothic Tower. See historic plantings and learn all about the John Bartram Heritage Collection of North American trees and shrubs (Plant Heritage, NCCPG). Other features include a restored Waterwheel, a Hermitage hidden in the woods and a Vineyard and amazing wildlife.
You can spend a whole day at Painshill or there are shorter accessible routes around the Serpentine Lake. Dogs on short leads are welcome. Bring a picnic or visit Hamilton’s Tea Room. Visit the Painshill Shop for gifts, greeting cards and to buy Painshill English Sparkling Wine.
Painshill offers pre-booked discounted rates for adult groups (numbers 10+). Group visits can include a guided tour or a visit to another local attraction (Brooklands Museum, Denbies Wine Estate, Strawberry Hill House and Gilbert White’s House and Garden). Pre-ordered lunches and refreshments can be arranged for group visits. A pre-paid non-refundable deposit is required prior to your visit. Advanced booking required.
Painshill, also offers a broad range of outdoor learning activities for school visits. Activities are suitable for Early Years, Key Stage 1, Key Stage 2 and Key Stage 3 curriculums. The experienced Education Team can also offer bespoke outdoor learning activities for Higher and Further Education and groups with a range of Special Educational Needs.
Painshill offer a buggy service, which will run on the last Sunday of each month to provide visitors with disabilities or mobility requirements with a means of transport around the Serpentine Lake.
This new pre-bookable service will give visitors who are less able the opportunity to enjoy the stunning views around the lake and see some of the follies. The shuttle buggy service will make several trips around the lake so passengers have the option of getting off to enjoy a short walk to the crystal Grotto or to sit on a bench and admire the scenery.
- You Tube
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult Ticket||£8.00 per ticket|
|Child Ticket (5-16)||£4.50 per ticket|
|Concession Ticket||£7.00 per ticket|
|Family Ticket||£27.00 per ticket|
Under 5's free
Map & Directions
By Car: Painshill can be reached via the M25 / J10 / A3 towards London. Exit at Junction with A245 towards Cobham. Entrance to free car park is off Between Streets, Cobham, (A245) 200m east of the A245/A307 roundabout. Closest sat nav reference KT11 1AA
Public Transport Directions
By Rail: Take the train from Waterloo or Vauxhall to Cobham & Stoke d’Abernon or Weybridge (SouthWest Trains). Note: Taxis are available from Cobham or Weybridge Railway Stations. Alternatively, take the train from Waterloo to Surbiton or Kingston then by direct link The Surrey Parks and Gardens Explorer Bus Route 515 / 515A.
By Bus: Route 408 (Epsom Buses): Sutton / Leatherhead / Cobham (No Saturday or Sunday service). Route 515 / 515A (Travel London) The Surrey Park and Gardens Explorer Bus Kingston / Surbiton / Esher / Cobham / Wisley / Guildford.
|Open New Year|
|2017 (1 Jan 2017 - 28 Feb 2017)|
|Monday - Sunday||10:30||- 16:00*|
|2017 (1 Mar 2017 - 31 Oct 2017)|
|Monday - Sunday||10:00||- 18:00*|
|Open (1 Nov 2017 - 31 Dec 2017)|
|Monday - Sunday||10:00||- 16:00*|
* Closes at dusk if earlier than stated time. Closed on Christmas Day and Boxing DayDates and times marked with a '*' are provisional and may be subject to change
- In countryside
- Outdoor Attraction
- Village Location
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors - 2/3rds of Landscape. Pre-booked guided buggy tours for disabled persons
- Facilities for Visually Impaired Visitors
- Facility for service dogs
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
Children & Infants
- Children's Meals
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome
- Highchair(s) available
Parking & Transport
- Coach parking
- On Site Car Parking
- On site parking
- Parking (free)
- Railway station within 5 miles
- Catering for groups
- On-Site cafe/restaurant - Licensed facility serving light refreshments. Maximum capacity 80.
- Picnic area
- Picnic Site
- Refreshments Available
- Approx length of visit - 1-4 Hours
- Blue Badge Guides admitted free
- Can be packages by 3rd parties
- Delta accepted
- Groups Accepted - Essential to prebook.
- Maestro Accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Max group size - 120
- Min group size - 10
- Special group rates
- Sterling Travellers Cheques accepted
- TIC Staff Admitted Free
- Visa accepted
- Conference facilities
- Event Venue
- Gay/Lesbian Friendly
- Guided tours
- Open all year round
- Staff fluent in foreign languages ** (List of languages are separately given) - French German
- Team / Corporate Activities
- Educational Groups
- Family Fun
- Marketed Towards Children
- Marketed Towards Families
- Marketed Towards Senior Citizens
- Marketed towards student/youth
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
- Guided Tours Available for Individuals
- French spoken
- German spoken