10 Things to do this January in Surrey
As the cold weather settles in, don't despair as there is still plenty to do in Surrey in January. Here are some of the best ways to beat the winter blues this month in Surrey.
- Blow away the cobwebs on New Year’s Day - Join the crowd at Brooklands Museum for the New Year's Day Gathering, the largest classic car gathering in the South East
- January is a cold month but if you're wrapped up warm, you'll find it is an ideal time to explore Surrey on foot - find a walk that's near you and that suits you.
- Enjoy the thrills of TopGolf - great fun for golfers and non-golfers alike - Topgolf is a great day/night out whatever the weather.
- You don't have to rely on the weather at Guildford Spectrum. Here you can get your skates on and glide around the ice or if you prefer to watch the speed and action of the professionals, the Guildford Flames Ice Hockey team takes to the ice throughout January.
- If it's an enjoyable night out your after - Oh yes there is ......... still time to head down to the theatre and be thoroughly entertained at a traditional pantomime. Aladdin and Snow White are a few of the best panto's on offer in Surrey. January sees Joseph and his amazing Technical Dreamcoat at GLive - this sparkling family musical production is sure to bring a smile to you face.
- It's Burns Night on 25 January and you'll be able to celebrate the anniversary of the Scottish poet and lyricist, Robert Burns, with a plate of haggis and tatties at Denbies Wine Estate on Saturday 28th January.
- The Butterflies return to the Glasshouse at RHS Wisley Garden in January - How many different species can you spot?
- Learn more about the Arts & Crafts architecture of the Artists' Village by going on a walking tour of the historic Watts Gallery and discover more about Watts Chapel, the artists' house, Limnerslease, and more.
- Visit one of the most atmospheric sculpture parks in Britain, The Sculpture Park. This thoughtfully set out park displays a wide variety of sculptures for all to enjoy.
- January is a great time to visit Grayshott Pottery. The Pottery is a fine example of a local working pottery and where you can see skilled potters at work, browse the large and well-stocked shop and enjoy refreshments in the delightful cafe.
Don't forget that many hotels in Surrey have a range of special offers and deals to tempt you with in January. Our friendly accommodation owners promise you a warm welcome to Surrey.
So don't stay inside, come out and enjoy great events, attractions and more!