Easter in Surrey - Easter events and activities
Good Friday - Friday 30th March
Easter Sunday - Sunday 1st April
Easter Monday - Monday 2nd April
Surrey is the place to be at Easter - so join in the fun! Easter egg hunts, horse and carriage rides, boat trips or a simple walk in ancient woodlands or colourful park where the spring flowers are blooming.
Share your Surrey travel photos by following Visit Surrey on Instagram and tag your post with #visitsurrey.
Easter Weekend events in Surrey
Attractions across Surrey will be holding special events over the Easter weekend - nearer the time a comprehensive listinging of events taking place in across the county over the long bank holiday weekend will be available for your to browse.
Easter Egg Hunts
The Easter Bunny will be hopping all over Surrey and hiding chocolate treats around the county. So if you are looking to find an Easter egg hunt near you, make a point of returning to this page nearer the time to find an egg hunt near you.
Image - (C) Genevieve Aberdeen
Other 'egg'citing things to do this Easter.....
- Take to the road and discover the most scenic spots in Surrey for a selfie.
- We all have our favourite places to visit but Surrey has plenty of hidden gems waiting to be explored.
- Get on your bike and cycle along the North Downs Way or for those looking for gentler stroll take a self-guided walk in the Surrey Hills!
Image - Bluebells at Leith Hill
Baby animals and spring flowers
- Looking for new arrivals, feed or stroke an array of animals this Easter in Surrey - visit Bocketts Farm, Godstone Farm or The British Wildlife Centre.
- Enjoy a wonderful spring day out at RHS Wisley Gardens or Painshill. Take a look at our guide to some of the best places to see the colourful spring flowers in Surrey.
- With so many parks and open spaces to enjoy for free in Surrey you'll be spoilt for choice for place to take a leisurely walk this Easter break. Farnham Heath RSPB Reserve is a great place to discover local flora and fauna.
Appreciate the Arts
- Visit one of the most atmospheric sculpture parks in Britain. The Sculpture Park is sited within 10 acres of woodland with over 600 sculptures on exhibit.
- The Lightbox's stunning galleries host a huge range of exhibitions.
- Watts Gallery is a unique Arts & Crafts gem where you'll discover stunning Victorian paintings and sculptures by G.F. and Mary Watts.
Image - Watts Gallery, Compton
- You will be spoilt for choice with a great selection of productions taking place across Surrey at some of our much loved theatres and entertainment centres, including the Yvonne Arnaud and G Live .
Attractions and activities
- If you are looking for something a little different, why not enjoy a free weekday 30 minute tour of Grayshott Pottery and watch how huge chucks of grey clay make their way through the many workshop processes - book your free tour today 01428 604404.
- Gain an insight into local wine making at Denbies Wine Estate where you will also be able sample some excellent english wines.
- Topgolf is great fun for all whatever you age or ability.
- Take a trip in a vintage-style car up Test Hill and along the Members' Banking of the old Race Track at Brooklands Museum.
- Head to Hatchlands Park with the kids and enjoy the natural adventure area in Wizard Wix's Willow Warren with balance beams, tunnels and an amazing treehouse there's lots to discover.
- Learn about the natural world we live in at the WWF Experience and take part in their engaging treasure hunt which will gude you through the four themed zones where you can discover the hidden secrets of our rivers, oceans, forests and wildlife.
- Guildford Spectrum and the Surrey Sports Park offer a plethora of activities for you to enjoy including swimming, indoor climbing, bowling and ice-skating.
- Experience exhilarating tarzan swings, zip wires and rope crossings set high above the ground at Go Ape and Wild Wood Adventures.
Image - Denbies Wine Estate
Where to Eat
Most place in Surrey cater for families so it's not difficult to find somewhere to eat. Check out a full list of places to eat in Surrey.
Places to Stay
It's a busy time of year and popular accommodation will fill up fast. Booking ahead is always a good idea. See our full listing of places to stay in Surrey.
This page will be updated regularly as more details are finalized, so please check back again soon.