Things to do this Valentines Day in Surrey
Wednesday 14th February 2018
Celebrate Valentine's Day in Surrey.
Surrey is blessed with some truly stunning countryside as well as romantic hotels, restaurants and attractions making it a truly romantic destination. So why not spend time with your loved one this Valentine’s Day in Surrey!
Here are a few romantic places and suggestions to impress your date:
- Stay in one of Surrey's luxury country house hotels, where you could enjoy a pamper break for two, followed by an enjoyable a romantic candlelit dinner before retiring to a luxurious double bedroom.
- Take Afternoon tea in the cozy tearoom.
- Relax and unwind in the peaceful and rural Grayshott Spa for a day of pampering.
- If you are looking for some jewellery to mark the occasion, Guildford has many jewellers including Cry for the Moon, Links, Mappin & Webb, Pandora, Preston & Duckworth, Simon Pure. Take a look at Experience Guildford's website for more details of shopping in Guildford.
- Historical romantics will enjoy a day at Hampton Court Palace, where Henry VIII wooed his many wives. Explore the palace and get lost in the maze.
- Take a stroll hand in hand in the romantic landscape Gardens that are Painshill, with its picturesque follies, grotto and vistas.
- The grounds of Hatchlands Park, offer a perfect place to enjoy a dreamy walk in picturesque grounds.
- For that special meal look no further than The Manor Restaurant at the Foxhills Hotel, or the Tudor Room at Great Fosters where you will find the candles will be lit and the lights will be dimmed.
- Wrap up warm and take a stroll along the beautiful River Wey and make sure you stop off at one of the delightful pubs en route.
- Amble through the quaint village of Shere with its cosy pubs, teashop, duck pond and beautiful St James's Church. Shere was used as a location shoot for the romantic comedy, "The Holiday" staring Cameron Diaz and Jude Law.
- Visit the highest point in South East England, Leith Hill and enjoy the magnificent views across the county.
- Wander through the oasis of tranquility and beauty that is Bushy Park and get close to the red and fallow deer who roam freely through the park.