The sixth annual Surrey Day takes place on Saturday 11 May 2024 – and we can’t wait to come together to celebrate the delights of our beautiful county.
A free community initiative, Surrey Day is led by a partnership between Visit Surrey, BBC Radio Surrey, and The Surrey Lieutenancy.
If you haven’t got involved before – make this the year you do!
Creativity is the order of the day.
Our high-flying new theme for 2024:
Surrey From The Sky
Some ideas to help spark your imagination!
- Pubs and restaurants offering Surrey-themed menus such as afternoon tea
- Devise and promote Surrey-themed hampers and meal boxes full of the flavour of Surrey.
- Unique experiences only available in May or on Surrey Day itself – such as ‘behind the scenes’ tours and tastings
- Trails that people can follow at their leisure – maybe with an arts, nature or heritage theme to encourage them to explore your town or venue
- Exclusive offers or added value on Surrey Day for pre-bookable events or experiences
- Make a film or share a performance or virtual tour
- Run a quiz for your followers with a lovely Surrey Day-inspired prize
- We have our own county flag here in Surrey and it would be great to see the county flag raised on Surrey Day. Our flag has a lot of history behind it. Find out more.
As well as uploading your Surrey Day 2024 event(s) on the Visit Surrey website, make sure to share it over social media using the hashtag #SurreyDay and we will share as much positivity as possible! You'll find us at @VisitSurrey on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
On Surrey Day itself, tune into BBC Radio Surrey on 104.6 FM to enjoy a full day of programmes dedicated to Surrey Day dusk on Surrey Day.
We can't wait to celebrate Surrey Day with you all!