Things to do on a Rainy Day in Surrey
It can be difficult to know what to do on a rainy day, but don’t let the rain spoil your fun. Here are great things to do in Surrey when it rains.
Entertain the kids at an animal attractions with all-weather areas
Many of our Surrey animal attractions are designed to keep the family entertained whatever the weather.
- At Bocketts Farm there’s a huge amount of undercover area including our 2 large indoor play barns, young drivers area, ‘Little Hoppington’ Small Animal Village and our fantastic BIG Animal Barn.
- Godstone Farm have a fabulous indoor play barn where children can climb and explore and for the toddlers there is a separate area, Wiglet’s Play Village which provides indoor play fun for smaller guests.
Uncover Surrey's history and heritage
Delve into history at one our many museums
- At Brooklands Museum you will find a wide range of motoring and aviation exhibits, including the only Concorde with public access in South East England.
- Explore a Surrey Museum, stately home or palace
- Surrey is lucky to be home to award-winning galleries including The Lightbox in Woking and Watts Gallery to the south of Guildford.
Get active indoors
- Head to AirHop Trampoline Park in Guildford. Here you will find more than 50 interconnected trampolines across its floor and up the walls as well as an obstacle course, Wipeout, AirHop bag, extreme dodge attack court, slam dunk and AR Trampolines. The perfect under cover day out for the whole family.
- Go ice-skating or bowling indoors at Guildford Spectrum. With its Olympic sized ice rink and 32 lane ten pin bowl all under one roof, it is the perfect rainy day solution.
See a show
- Cheer up a miserable day with a visit to a theatre . The New Victoria Theatre at Woking; Guildford’s Yvonne Arnaud Theatre, Cranleigh Arts Centre and Dorking Halls all host a variety of theatre productions, as well as comedy and live music events.
- Go to the cinema - Nova Cinema - is a perfect way to brighten a rainy day. Nova Cinema in Woking offers top of the range technology and seven screens - a perfect place to enjoy the latest Hollywood blockbuster or family favourite.
A bit of shopping?
- Visit Secretts Farm Shop – pick up a tasty treat at Secretts and enjoy an indoor picnic at home with some tasty local produce.
- Explore the ever-changing interior and lifestyle store - The Packhouse, located on the outskirts of Farnham.
- It's the perfect time to discover a vibrant Surrey town or quaint village. The best towns to find antiques being Farnham and Dorking, while the charming towns of Haslemere and Godalming offer visitors independent shops to browse and explore. For cool designer brands and luxury retailers, why not head to Guildford or Kingston?
- Enjoy the delights of a quintessential afternoon tea in impressive surroundings.
- Book yourself a spa break – spend a dull day wrapped up warm in a robe at an award- winning Surrey spa. Forget the weather and indulge yourself with a relaxing treatment.
Go for lunch
When the rain is lashing down take the excuse to enjoy a long lunch with family and friends. Surrey has some great places to relax, unwind and enjoy a meal.
The above are just some of our suggestions for rainy days in Surrey but you may have other things in mind - keep scrolling for more ideas.
Escape the rainy days at ...
Ultimate bouncing fun for kids and big kids. With over 30,000sqft the new AirHop Guildford park…
Plan your Visit - Ticket information We encourage you to continue to prebook tickets for daily…
Guildford Spectrum, managed by Freedom Leisure, provides families with a complete leisure experience…
Following a complete refurbishment in 2020, Nova Cinema now has seven stylish screens, including one…
The splendid formal gardens, elegant cobbled courtyards and magnificent Tudor and Baroque…
If you’re passionate about art and history, want to participate in activities and fun events…