Dog Friendly Surrey
Spending time with your four-legged friend is important - so we will guide you to places in Surrey that are Dog Friendly
A day can be spoiled if you have to leave your four legged friend at home. Here we will highlight the places where your dog will be more than welcome:
Dog Friendly Attractions and events
- Hatchlands Park- Well-behaved dogs under close control are welcome in designated parkland areas. Please ensure your dog is on a lead around livestock. Dogs on leads are welcome in the Coach House Café.
- Painshill - dogs are welcome on short leads. They are not allowed in the Tea Room.
- Claremont Landscape Garden - Well-controlled dogs on short leads are permitted in designated areas all year round. Dogs aren't permitted in the children's play area, Badger's Basecamp or in the lake. Dog waste bins can be found by the toilets.
- Dapdune Wharf - Dogs on leads allowed at the Wharf, but not on boat trips. Along the towpath dogs must be under control and on leads in lock areas.
- Denbies Vineyard - dogs allowed but all mess must be removed as there are no dog bins. Dogs not allowed in the Centre.
- Guildford Castle Ground - dogs allowed on lead but not in Castle itself.
- Polesden Lacey - Dogs on leads are welcome in the pleasure grounds and in the coffee shop. Well controlled dogs are allowed off the lead on the wider estate. Please keep your dog on a lead if livestock are in the field.
- Winkworth Arboretum - dogs welcome on leads all year round.
- Rural Life Centre - Dogs are part of the family and will enjoy a good walk around our museum. Please may dogs remain on leads.
Ideal places for Dog Walking
- Stoke Park - dog bins provided
- Chantry Wood, Effingham Common, Lakeside Nature Reserve, Riverside Nature Reserve -
- River Wey towpath
- Newlands Corner - take care as borders busy road.
- Leith Hill and Tower - dogs must be kept under control, especially in the Rhododendron Wood and on heath land and farmland from March to July.
Accommodation that welcomes dogs
- Barnett Hill - welcome all small & medium sized dogs. You’ll find a bed in your room complete with doggy bin and treats to keep your dog entertained.
- Great Fosters - Your dog will be treated to a super comfy bed and stylish bowls to dine from along with delicious treats from our friends at The Dog House
- The Hilton Cobham - The Hilton offer A comfy large bed, two bowls for water and food, snacks, poo bags and Boneappetit Dog Friendly Menu
- Tilford Woods
- The Observatory Annexe - One well-behaved dog welcome