Romantic Breaks in Surrey
Whether its a Valentine’s treat, a wedding anniversary celebration or maybe you want to arrange a first date or a romantic weekend to pop the question, Surrey is the perfect place for a romantic getaway any time of year.
In summer, you can picnic by a river or lake, take a romantic stroll together in the autumn foliage or the spring bluebells and in winter enjoy a simple fireside dinner or a cosy romantic spa break.
We’ve uncovered dreamy places to visit to get you in the mood - whatever your idea of romance and your price range.
Why not stay at:
- Oatlands Park - this grand building was opened as a hotel in 1856, and is located in the grounds of one of Henry VIII's palaces. With beautifullly manicured gardens it overlooks the River Thames.
- Hartsfield Manor - this independently-owned manor house hotel is home to 50 tastefully decorated bedrooms, which vary from the luxurious honeymoon suite with far reaching views across the Surrey Hills to cosy doubles in the lodge house.
- The Runnymede Hotel - set on the banks of the River Thames, the Runnymede on Thames hotel offers beautiful bedrooms and enchanting riverside views on the Surrey border near Windsor.
We also think there are some very romantic places to visit, where you can stroll hand in hand, or sit and relax with a glass of something special;
- Painshill Park, this 18th century landscape garden is a wonderfully romantic place to while away an afternoon, with its Gothic Temple, Chinese Bridge and Crystal Grotto.
- Loseley Park (Open seasonally - please see website for opening times)With its beautiful gardens and its delightful historic house, Loseley offers you a perfect romantic setting. (Open May - end of July)
- Polesden Lacey, enjoy a romantic walk in the grounds with spectacular vistas of Surrey countryside and the charming house itself is where King George VI and Queen Elizabeth spent their honeymoon.
- Denbies and Box Hill Enjoy romantic wine tasting at Denbies Wine Estate followed by a fabulous picnic at nearby scenic Box Hill.
- Watts Gallery - Artist's Village, enjoy exploring the gallery of the Victorian artist GF Watts, to see his paintings and sculptures, plus explore Limnerslease the house which he shared with his artist wife Mary.
Woodlands Park Hotel in Cobham, Surrey, near Leatherhead and Cobham, was originally…
Perched atop a Hill and revealing itself at the end of our winding tree-lined drive, Barnett Hill is…
Great Fosters is an endlessly charming Tudor estate steeped in royal history and located just…