Winter in Surrey
From mid November when the days grow shorter and the Christmas lights are switched on welcoming the winter period until the end of February when the days begin to lengthen again, you will find there are always plenty of things to do here in Surrey.
From llama trekking to winter wonderland walks, festive town markets and train rides with Santa - you won’t feel like hibernating in Surrey. Whether you want to get your blood pumping on a walk or bike ride or spend the day snuggled up by the fire in a luxury resort, this list has the perfect Surrey winter fun for everyone.
Beat the winter chills with these Surrey thrills
- Experience the Surrey Hills with its stunning views. Get your cardio by biking or power walking on a beautiful trail. Or simply enjoy the beauty on a gentle stroll with family or friends, may see ponies or cattle grazing on a walk at National Trust’s Devil’s Punch Bowl. The National Trust maintains some wonderful countryside throughout Surrey and offers some wonderful trails for you to follow.
- Take a llama for a winter walk! The Merry Harriers country inn, Hambledon, has a herd of eight lovely llamas and you take them for a trek through the Surrey Hills, an Area of Outstanding natural Beauty, and soak up the calming vibes of these gentle creatures.
- Discover the delights of Dorking town centre and its Christmas market. A one-way system will guide you to stalls with homewares, jewellery, vintage items, cakes and pastries, deli food and much more.
- Snap up the chance to have unrivalled access to some of Britain’s native animals with the British Wildlife Centre’s winter photo days. From November until February, on scheduled dates when the centre is closed to the public, you will be given special access to the animal enclosures where you can photograph red squirrels, foxes, Scottish wild cats, mink, weasels and much more.
- Heat things up by the fire at luxurious getaways like Great Fosters or The Woodlands Park Hotel, the river front at the Runnymede, the historic Oatlands Park Hotel or a town retreat at Guildford Harbour. In Surrey, you’re never far from a cosy winter retreat. Take a look at all our accommodation options.
- Explore the great indoors at Surrey’s Museums. Lose yourself in Surrey’s museums with unique options like Brooklands.
- Raise a glass of Surrey Wine to the season at one of the many vineyards in Surrey. Surrey is home to many remarkable vineyards and breweries. Make a visit and chase away the winter chill.